Skip to main content

Indiana Jones and the Glass Castle

 Friday: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023)

       After retiring Indiana is approached by his goddaughter, Helena. She wants to find the half of Archimedes' dial that was once in possession of her father. This dial is thought to be able to help the user travel through time. Helena wants Indiana to come with her to find it.  He is reluctant to do so. Then he finds out that a Nazi doctor from his past is also looking for it. He decides to help Helena but her intentions aren't honorable. Indiana doesn't know who to trust. But he does know he can't let the Nazi get it. He follows Helena across the world trying to get the dial and all that comes with it before the Nazi. I thought this movie was good. It was a good end to the Indiana Jones films. Although I was a little disappointed that Steven Spielberg didn't direct it. He did produce it with George Lucas so that's something. 

Saturday: The Glass Castle (2017)

        This is based on a true story. Jeanette grew up in a dysfunctional family. Her family was very poor. They were often squatting in a houses, never staying anywhere for long. Her mom was an artist and her dad an alcoholic. They are neglectful to their children. Finally Jeanette can't take it anymore and bands together with her siblings. They will help each other and save money to move out. When they are all adults their parents are still a constant source of drama and stress. This movie was alright.

Sunday: Jungle (2017)

        This is also based on a trues story. Yossi is a young Israeli man traveling through South America. He becomes friends with an American and a Swiss. They go to Bolivia. There Yossi meets a guide named Karl. Karl can see Yossi craves adventure. He tells him about a village in the mountains where indigenous people live that many have not see. He can take the men there through the jungle. Yossi is intrigued and convinces his friends to go with him. They are not prepared for all the jungle has in store for them. They face many obstacles. The greatest of them all being Yossi ends up separated from everyone else and gets lost in the jungle. He does his best to survive and find a way out. I thought this movie was alright.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...