Skip to main content

Rosalina and the Amateur Comedian

 Saturday: Is This Thing On? (2025)

       Alex and his wife Tess are separating. Alex struggles with it. Not fully understanding what was wrong. One day he signs up for a open mic night at a comedy club as a way to avoid paying the cover charge. He discovers he likes it. It is a way for him to work through what is happening in his life. Meanwhile Tess is looking back at what she gave up to be a mom and a wife. They both try to rediscover their identities. I thought this movie was alright. Awkward at times.

Sunday: Peaky Blinders: The Immortal Man (2026) 

         This is wrap up film for the TV show. This movie takes place during WWII. Tommy is living in self imposed exile after many believed he had died. His son Duke is now the leader of the Peaky Blinders. Duke is approached by a man who wants him to move fake money to help the Germans. By doing so ending the war in Germany's favor. Tommy's sister as well as others tell him he needs to go back. Duke is in trouble. Reluctantly he goes back to Birmingham to save his son. This movie was alright. A good wrap up to the series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Friday: The Super Mario Galaxy Movie (2026)

           Bowser Jr. kidnaps Princess Rosalina. He is also determined to save his dad who is being held captive by Princess Peach. One of Rosalina's star children comes to Peach for help to save his mom. Peach and Toad set out to save her. Meanwhile Mario and Luigi are in charge of the kingdom. Bowser Jr. attacks and tries to rescue his dad. He fails and has to try again. Mario and Luigi are forced to team up with Bowser and go after Peach to help find Rosalina. I thought this movie was alright. It's cute. 

Saturday: Crime 101 (2026)

             Mike is a thief who is good at what he does. After a job doesn't go as planned he loses his nerve a little. Meanwhile a detective, Lou, is starting to put together Mike's unintentional pattern. Most of the crimes taking place by the 101 highway. Mike puts together a new job that would involved a disgruntled insurance agent, Sharon. Sharon is tired of being passed over for partner. Mike convinces her to help him rob one of her company's clients. This movie was alright. It was just a little flat. 

Sunday: The Phoenician Scheme (2025)

               Zsa-zsa is a wealthy business man who has survived another assassination attempt. His business dealings are not all above board and he has many enemies. He calls a meeting with his daugher, Liesl, who is becoming a nun. He is leaving everything to her. Zsa-zsa wants her help to pull one last scheme that would tie everything up. They must visit each of the people involved in the scheme to try and get them to cover more of the cost. They struggle to convince them. I thought this movie was alright. Honestly I didn't always understand what was going on. It is a Wes Anderson film. He has such a unique style that his movies are worth watching. Even if I don't actually end up liking them that much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...