Skip to main content

F1 Driver and the Four

 Friday: The Fantastic Four: First Steps (2025)

      Four astronauts were exposed to cosmic rays in space and came back with superpowers. They quickly became Earth's heroes. Then a herald, Silver Surfer, brings a message to Earth. The god she serves, Galactus, is headed for them and will consume their world. The Fantastic Four have to figure out a way to stop him and save Earth. I thought this movie was good. It is set in futuristic 60s. A lot was done practically as far as sets and all that. Which I appreciate. Finally a good Fantastic Four movie. One of their main enemies, in the comics, is the new villain for the upcoming Avengers movies.  So it will be interesting to see how they come to be with the other Avengers. I guess that's where the multiverse comes into play.

Saturday: Lost in Starlight (2025)

      This is a Korean animated film. It is about a young scientist, Nan-young, who's mother was an astronaut. Her mom died in an accident on Mars when Nan-young was little. Now as an adult she is preparing for a trip to Mars. She meets a musician, Jay, who fixes her mom's record player for her. They start to spend a lot of time together and fall for each other. Then Nan-young has to go on her mission to Mars. They do their best to stay in contact while she is gone. This movie was alright. Cute story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Saturday: F1: The Movie (2025)

         Sonny is former F1 race car driver who has fallen on hard times. He still races anywhere he can. He is approached by an old friend, Ruben, who used to race with him. Ruben now owns an F1 racing team in England. He wants Sonny to come race for him and mentor his rookie driver, Joshua. Sonny reluctantly agrees. Ruben's team is in trouble. They have yet to win, and if they don't by the end of the season the team will be sold. Sonny could be their last chance. He and Joshua don't get along at first. The team's car is not up to par. Slowly with Sonny's help things start to turn around. I thought this movie was good. Better than I thought it would be. I didn't realize how much strategy goes into racing. The movie was very intelligent and well done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...