Skip to main content

Charlie and the Serial Admirer

Wednesday: The Oxford Murders (2008)
        
      Martin is a grad student who comes to Oxford University in hopes of working with the famed Professor Seldom. He is staying with a friend of Seldom's. Her daughter lives in the house as well. Not long after Martin moves in she is killed and her body is discovered by Martin and Seldom. It is the first of several murders each with a coded message. Martin and Seldom have to work together to find the killer. I thought this movie was alright. It was trying too hard to be intelligent. 

Friday: The Amateur (2025)
 
       A CIA decoder, Charlie, is onto something big. Then his wife, while on a business trip in London, gets taken hostage and killed in a terrorist attack. His supervisors are not acting fast enough. They don't seem motivated at all to arrest the people behind the attack. Charlie forces them to get him training so he can hunt down the killers on his own. They agree but it's soon clear Charlie doesn't really have what it takes to be a killer. So he has to rely on his other skills to get his revenge. This movie was alright.

Saturday: Copycat (1995)

        Helen is a famous criminal psychologist. She got attacked by a serial killer she helped put away. This causes her to become agoraphobic and not leave her condo. A year later a new serial killer has started killing. Two detectives, MJ and Ruben, come to Helen for help. She wants nothing to do with it. At the same time she can't help but be interested and figure out some clues. Together they work to find the killer. Who seems intent on killing Helen as well. I thought this movie was good. It has an interesting twist and take on a serial killer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...