Skip to main content

Lilo and the Boy in Need

 Saturday: Lilo and Stitch (2025)

      The story is pretty much the same as the animated version. There are some new characters like a neighbor and a social worker. Nani has dreams of going to college to study marine biology. I thought the movie was good for the most part. The actress they got to play Lilo is perfect. She is super cute and chaotic. Stitch was also well done. The original voice actor for Stitch came back to voice him for this movie. I wasn't sure at first about the actress playing Nani, but she did a good job. Speaking of Nani, the actress who played the social worker is the original voice of Nani from the animated version. Pleakley and Jumba were alright. Pleakley wasn't in drag like in the animated which was a little disappointing. But he did wear some feminine clothes so at least there's that. Still prefer the animated version.

Sunday: Men of Boys Town (1941)

        Father Flanagan ambitiously builds several new buildings in Boys Town without having all the financing taken care of. Boys Town could be in trouble. Father Flanagan is called out of town to help with a murder case involving a young boy. The young boy, Ted, shot and killed a guard of his reform school after he was beaten so badly he can't walk. Father Flanagan is determined to help him. So he brings him to Boys Town. Ted doesn't trust anyone and refuses to see anymore doctors. Father Flanagan enlists Whitey's help to cheer Ted up. Whitey has his own adventure when he is adopted and then accidentally ends up in the reform school after trying to help a runaway. This movie was alright. It is the sequel to Boys Town. I looked it up on here. It was one of the first movies I wrote about on this blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...