Skip to main content

Karate Kid and the Body Swap

 Friday: Karate Kid: Legends (2025)

       Li moves to New York City with his mom from China. They are starting a new life after a tragedy. Li trained to fight kung fu with Mr. Han in China. He promised to give it up in NYC. He meets Mia, who's family owns a pizza place. Soon they become close. Mia's dad, Victor, used to be a boxer. Victor is in debt and thinks if he can win a fight he can use the money to pay off his debt. After seeing Li fight he asks Li to train him. Li agrees. He gets sucked back into the fighting world and enters a karate competition. He needs help. Mr. Han shows up and enlists the help of Daniel LaRusso. Together they help Li get ready for the competition. I thought this movie was alright. A little predictable but still enjoyable. 

Saturday: Your Name. (2016)

       Mitsuha wakes up feeling weird in her own body. All day people tell her how strange she was acting the day before. She has no memory of it. Just strange dreams. Then the next day she wakes up in the body of a boy, Taki, living in Tokyo. With no other choice she has to go about the day as Taki. Going to his school and job. Slowly Mitusha and Taki realized they are swapping bodies. Without a way to fix it they just to their best to not mess up anything for the other person. Finally they decide to meet in person, which just makes everything more complicated. This movie is good. I've been trying to watch it for awhile, but had trouble finding a way to watch it. I was able to check it out from the library. It is by the same filmmaker as Suzume and Weathering with You. The animation is beautiful. Also there is a twist.

Sunday: Deep Cover (2025)

        Kat teaches an improve class. She has struggled to find work as an actress. One day she is approached by a cop. He wants to hire her and two other improve actors to go undercover. Her choices are limited. She chooses Marlon and Hugh. Marlon believes himself to be a serious actor. His overacting cost him jobs. Hugh is new to the class and joins to become more confident. The cop sends them to catch criminals selling illegal cigarettes. The situation gets escalated and they end up getting a meeting with one of the higher ups in a criminal organization. They have no choice but to keep going. The three actors go deeper and deeper into the organization unsure how they will get out. I thought this movie was alright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...