Skip to main content

Robot Girlfriend and the Accountant

 Friday: The Accountant 2 (2025)

      The current Treasury chief, Marybeth, finds out the old chief was murdered. She's tries to see what he was working on, and what could have gotten him killed. Marybeth learns she may need the help of someone known as the Accountant. Chris, the Accountant, hears she is looking for him and gets in touch.  They work on the case of a missing family who crossed the Mexican border into the US. Since then no one has seen them. The more they dig the more complicated it gets. Chris calls in his brother Braxton. The three of them do their best to find the family and figure out what is really going on. I thought this movie was alright. It was better than I thought it would be. It's cool to have a super smart autistic action hero with a whole team of super smart autistic people helping him.

Sunday: Companion (2025)

        Iris goes with her boyfriend to a friend's cabin in the woods. They have a good time in the beginning. Then chaos ensues. Iris is a robot, but doesn't know it. They believe she has malfunctioned and become dangerous. This movie is alright. Sorry I don't want to say too much more and give anything away. The story is otherwise simple. For some reason I thought this movie was more of a horror film. Really it's a thriller. It's violent but not over the top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...