Skip to main content

Mufasa and the Missing Santa

 Friday: Mufasa: The Lion King (2024)

      While Simba and Nala are away Rafiki tell their daughter Kiara about her grandfather. When Mufasa was a cub he got separated from his parents in a flood. The river carried him far away. A young lion cub, Taka, finds him and helps him out of the river. Taka's father, Obasi, is reluctant to let an outsider into their pride. His mate, Eshe, convinces him. Mufasa can stay but he has to be with the females. Over the years Mufasa becomes great hunter and like a brother to Taka. After an altercation with another pride, Taka's pride becomes a target. Obasi wants his bloodline to continue. So he sends Taka away and sends Mufasa to protect him. They are on the run. They are trying to find a safe place to live. Along the way they meet other outcasts that join their group. A lioness named Sarabi and her gaurd, a hornbill named Zazu. They also encounter a strange but wise mandrill, Rafiki. The group of outcasts make their way to a new home. I thought this movie was good. It's a good story. Nice to learn about Mufasa before he was king. 

Sunday: Red One (2024)

        Cal is the head of security for Santa. The location of the North Pole is discovered and Santa is kidnapped. With no idea how to find him Cal tracks down the person who found the location, a con man named Jack. Jack is forced into helping find Santa. Cal fears what the kidnappers will do to Santa and if they will be able to find him in time before Christmas. Evil forces are at play. It turns out a con man is just what he needs to save Santa. This movie was alright. Better than I thought it would be. A Christmas action movie with a very athletic Santa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...