Skip to main content

Venom and the Imaginative Siblings

 Friday: Venom: The Last Dance (2024)

       Eddie and Venom are on the run and hiding in Mexico. They are wanted for murder. Eddie finds out that even in Mexico they are looking for him. So he makes a plan to get to NYC to clear his name. Before they can even leave the country they are attacked by an alien. It comes from the same planet as Venom. It was sent to get Venom. An evil alien has been kept prisoner on their planet. He needs the symbiotes to escape and sent his henchmen to bring them back. Under Area 51 the other symbiotes are being studied. Little do the scientists and military personnel know they will soon be a target for an attack. Eddie and Venom have to outrun the police, the military, and the henchmen to try and make it to NYC. I thought this movie was alright. It is better than the second movie but not by much. It has some good humor. But it is campy and the story isn't the best.

Saturday: Come Away (2020)

        Alice and Peter live with their parents and older brother in a big house in the country. They have wild imaginations and are constantly off in other worlds. Fighting pirates with the lost boys or summoning faeries with Alice's tinker bell. Then their older brother dies. The family is grieving and they start to fall apart. Alice and Peter do their best to help their parents and keep the family together. When it becomes too much they imagine they are in a better place and it helps them cope. This movie was alright. I liked that it had elements of Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. The acting and the story weren't very good.

Sunday: Carnival of Souls (1962)

         An organist, Mary, gets in a tragic car accident. She is the only one to survive. Mary takes a job at a church in Utah to get away. While there she notices an abandoned carnival and feels drawn to it. She also keeps seeing a pale man everywhere. In the road, in the boarding house where she lives, in town. No one else can see him. Something is connecting her to this man and the carnival. She has no choice but to go to the carnival to figure out what is going on. I thought this movie was ok. I thought I had seen it before, but it was only the beginning that I'd seen. It was recorded and I must have decided to watch it later and forgot. Or deleted it and then re-recored it forgetting I'd already tried to watch it once. It was a low budget film and it showed. Not sure why I keep picking these movies that aren't very good.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...