Skip to main content

Cookies n' Cream and the Crash Landing

       Tuesday I went to Mcbee's Shakes Crepes & Cones. It is in Portland (Hillsboro) on NW West Union. It's a small place in a shopping center. There is plenty of parking. The decor is modern with fun colors. Very Portland. There is lots of seating. The service is good. As the name suggests they offer a lot of treats. Crepes, sundaes, milkshakes, monster shakes (extra crazy toppings), soft serve, and dole whip. I heard they had really good milkshakes. I got Cookies & Cream. It has little pieces of oreo mixed in along with hot fudge on the inside of the cup. It was really good. I would go back. Although it is a long drive.

Monday: Long Day's Journey Into Night (1962)

      The Tyrone family has many troubles. They all come to a head one day. Mary, the mother, has struggled with her addiction to morphine. She was prescribed it after the birth of one of her children. Mary has been in and out of rehab. Her addiction has affected the whole family. Her husband, James, is an actor with an alcohol problem. Their eldest son, Jamie, has followed in his father's footsteps as both an actor and an alcoholic. Edmund, the youngest, is very sick. With all their struggles they are continuously tearing each other down. I thought this movie was alright. It is very wordy and long. Katherine Hepburn plays Mary.

Wednesday: The League of Gentlemen (1960)

       Hyde is a disgruntled veteran who want to rob a bank. He gets the idea from a book. Hyde recruits other vets who are the best in their field. Each of their skills will help to pull off the perfect heist. Everything is planned down to the last detail. They are sure they will get away with it. This movie was alright.

Sunday: 65 (2023)

         This movie starts on a futuristic planet in a time before humans lived on the planet Earth. Mills is pilot. He takes a job flying a passenger ship to another planet. It will take two years. He needs the money to support his daughter who is sick. An astroid hits the ship and they crash land on a mysterious planet. Mills thinks he is the only survivor. Then he finds out a young girl survived. Soon they realized how dangerous this planet is. They are under constant threat of being attacked by...dinosaurs. They have landed on Earth days before the astroid that will wipe out the dinosaurs hits. They have to find a way to get off Earth. I thought this movie was alright. Better than I thought it would be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...