Skip to main content

Peter Parker and the Forgotten Murder

 Tuesday: Suddenly, Last Summer (1959)

        John is a surgeon at a mental hospital. He performs craniotomies on patients. A new case is brought before him. A young woman named Catherine was on vacation with her cousin. He died under mysterious circumstances. She can't remember anything and has a breakdown. Catherine is admitted to a smaller mental asylum. Her aunt wants her to get a craniotomy. John must find out more before he can decide to perform the surgery. I thought this was a good movie.

Wednesday: Point Blank (1967)

         After pulling a heist on Alcatraz, Walker is double crossed and left on the island. Once he is back in San Fransisco he must find his partner and get his money back. To do that he also has to take down the biggest organized crime syndicate in San Fransisco. This movie was alright. It goes between the past and present. Also you aren't sure if the events  actually happened or if it's a dream, so it's confusing.

Thursday: A Christmas Prince (2017) 

       Amber is a reporter who is sent to cover the coronation of a playboy European prince. Once there it becomes clear the prince won't speak to the press. Determined not to go home empty handed Amber gets a job as the princess's tutor. She will work undercover to get more info on the prince. Soon she realizes that there is more to the prince. This movie is ok. Not sure how it got two sequels. 

Saturday: Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

        The world knows Peter is Spider-man. It changes everything for him and his loved ones. Determined to fix it Peter goes to Doctor Strange for help. He wants a spell that will make people forget he is Spider-man. Doctor Strange performs the spell but it goes wrong. Villains from other universes appear. They know Spider-man, but not this Spider-man. Peter and Doctor Strange have to fix what they have done. I thought this movie was really good. It was so cool to see these villains from the other Spider-man movies come back and interact with this Spider-man. There are some other cameos that I enjoyed a lot. I won't say much more. But they surprised me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migrating Ducks and the Prophecy

 Monday: Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (2005)       Mrs. Palfrey is left at a retirement home in London by her family. It is not at the level of luxury she's used to. But eventually she does get used to it. Still she gets rather lonely. She has a grandson who lives in London, but he never returns her calls. After taking a fall Mrs. Palfrey is rescued by a young writer named Ludo. They become friends. He becomes more of a grandson to her than her own grandson. They keep each other company and make each other's lives better. I thought this movie was alright. Sunday: Double Feature- Suncoast  (2024) and Migration (2023)         Suncoast is based on a true story. Set in the early 2000s this movie is about a teenage girl named Doris. She spends most of her time taking care of her terminally ill brother. Her mother, Kristine, is very demanding. Kristine also shows more affections to her son and just expects Doris to do nothing else but care for her...

Shoyu Ramen and the Baron

        Friday I went to a place called Hapa Ramen.  It's on SE Gladstone. It actually has it's own parking lot. That being said there is only 5 or 6 spots. It's a small place. You order and then you find your table. I sat at the ramen bar. The decor is dark. Most of the walls and part of the bar is covered in dark wood panels. There are also shelves with lots of plants and Japanese decorations. It is also a whiskey bar. They even have pairings with the different menu items. I didn't get any. I ordered the Shoyu Ramen which has pork and a marinated egg. It was really good. But I forgot to ask for no onions, which ruined it a little for me. To be fair the menu didn't say it came with onions but I guess that's a common ingredient in ramen. The service was good.  I would go back for sure. I know it's a place my sister would like. Especially because she told me about it. Monday: Going Hollywood (1933)          Sylvia is a young teacher ...

Grogu and the Friendly Neighbor

 Friday: Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu (2026)         The Mandalorian (Mando) and Grogu are working for the New Republic. There are still many Imperial Warlords out there even if the Empire has fallen. Their new assignment is to find a warlord who is dangerous but not much is known about him. The Hutts have information on him. They will give it to Mando if he can rescue their nephew, Rotta. Rotta has been kidnapped and made to fight in nightly cage matches. Mando and Grogu set out to rescue him, but much more is at play than they knew. I thought this movie was good. It's a stand alone adventure. So if you haven't watched the tv series you'll be ok. Wish I had known that before I gave me parents (who went with me) a recap of all three seasons. Oh well. They still enjoyed it. Grogu is so cute. And that's all the matters. Saturday: WarGames (1983)          David is an intelligent teen who is great with computers. While trying to get ...